A grand tree once stood upon the center of Vaal’lin. It was from this tree that the Vaal’lin got their name after King Jihl inscribed cryptic runes upon the tree’s trunk.
Unfortunately the tree was burned down during one of the many conflicts that Vaal’lin witnessed. In its place 7 vast slabs of white stone each carved from a single block were put up in the tree’s place one against adorned with the runes of Jihl.
I have an idea for a Journey add-on for Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles. This journey does not have Journey Cloths, but it does have Tringira plates. If the player kicks something onto each of these, they will activate the Bahro door in each age.
In the library in Ae’gura, there is a new book laying open on the floor. You pick it up, and touch the linking panel. You are lucky to have a Relto book, because you find yourself in a ruined prison age called Tringira. If you explore enough, you will find a nearly empty library. At the end, there is a door with a ten digit code to be entered. The only books remaining in the library are a book describing the age and its uses, and a linking book to an age called Eder Grafla.
At the end of the journey, the player will have collected 2 Bahro Wedges, each split into fourths. Other rewards are the books to each age, three Relto pages, and a linking book to Edward Tyndale’s Relto. His Relto allows access to his Bevin and Nexus, which has a different color scheme and is nonfunctional.
Yes, I know that Aspermere was destroyed. The real Aspermere descriptive book was never destroyed. Edward hoped to protect it from whoever was destroying the books, so he copied it before returning the original to the Myst library. He did the same with a few other ages as well.
So a little more free time has opened up lately which has allowed me to continue working on my various Age projects.
So I figured I’d post an update of sorts about what is going on with the 3 projects I am currently focusing on.
Fahets has been completely overhauled at this point, there are surviving elements (Norapods, Rusteart plants) but a lot of new stuff too.
- Age Size – The Age is probably 4 times bigger than it used to be at this point. It is now more open instead of an enclosed basin location.
- Textures – Most textures have been updated or switched out for better versions, most obvious of these is the rock textures which now have more depth to them.
- Wildlife – More wildlife has been added to give the Age more depth.
- Sound/Music – No music but ambient sounds have been added to again add more depth. Main complaint about Fahets (after the “it’s too small” was about lack of sound).
- Interaction – Still working on this. Interaction is small in this Age because it simply doesn’t require a lot. It isn’t a puzzle location. But there are a few things to interact with aside from Journals and Linking Books. Unfortunately having interactive things added is difficult as animation triggers seem to be bugged in my version of PYPRP and no one can figure out why.
For those who aren’t aware of the concept of Kehrahn. The Age started as a birthday present for my wife. Each year on her birthday I add something to the Age or expand the Age. She has given me permission to release it publicly but there there are some things I need to sort out before doing so.
- Models – Looking to update some of the models like the trees so they are better suited for the expansion of the area.
- Textures – Some texture updates have been made to various items in a bid to improve the look. These are mostly minimal though as the focus is on improving the models.
- Animation – The animation of the fishes is very basic with a lot of room to improve.
- Expansion – The Age has already been expanded but the expanded area is not working for me. As a result it will be completely overhauled to encompass the new concepts drawn up for beyond the lake area.
An interim update for Fehnir’s place a 1.5 if you will. With the next main update (2.0 lets say) including the Linking Books for Ahryahn and Lehns.
- Textures – Some updates to textures mainly the walls of the room.
- Models – Made changes to the models that make up the room structure to allow for better lighting and shows (using vertex painting more than secondary meshes with lightmaps) as well as incorporating the changes to the stairs for better collision.
- Collision – The stairs were a mess with the collision being the wrong angle. This has now been rectified but has resulted in a slight change in geometry for the room (expansion and shortening of certain walls).
- Camera Regions – The camera region bug for the Book podium area for the Ahryahn Book has now been fixed and update which should help with removing the clipping of the ceiling in that area.
- Story Changes – Slight update to the story in that area and the inclusion of Sophie’s journal giving more story for the Third Path’s history has been added.
I have no idea when these updates will actually see the light of day. Fahets will most likely be first because work is almost finished there. Fehnir will likely be out before Kehrahn as Kehrahn has a lot of work to do on it.
Books are still the core to the Vaal’lin Linking technology, but they also took it a step further. Each inhabitant of Vaal’lin is equipped with a personal Linking stone that is worn on the chest. Such an item is so common place within society that fashion has evolved to include said stones within the design.
At the core of the device is an extremely small linking book that is connected to the rock interface allowing for a Link to be made upon contact. Similar technology was used with the Vaal’lin Public Link Service.
So I finished the other three images for the temple of the Four Gods for the Vaal’lin project.
I also figured I would post a little more information for those who are interested regarding who they are and so forth.
Azal the God of Creation and is represented by the day. He created the universe with Ib, Hameta and Ophen. It was said he looked upon Ashel with favoritism. When Ib corrupted the people of Ashel Azal turned his back on them, refusing to help them rise up again. Feeling that they should do it on their own merit.
Once considered a brother to Azal due to similar personalities and looks as Azal. Ib lead the corruption of Ashel and as a result was cast down and imprisoned in the darkness he helped spread. He is said to be the night.
Ophen is often represented as either a bird or as time and is both male and female. Due to their free spirited nature and that Ophen once saw both the past and the present at the same time. Ophen was partially blinded in one eye and so their view of what came before is obscured.
When Azal turned his back on the people of Ashel, Ophen stepped forward and offered them guidance.
Hameta is often depicted as the Goddess of the oceans/water. She inadvertently helped the God Ib in the corruption of the people of Ashel when she turned Azal’s gaze from the world.
I felt my Relto was always missing something. Oh right! A place to sleep and an office to work in!
I even put this idea into a Story Quest Journal I wrote. Jahmen’s Journal Quests Series.
I throw the wall switch by the book case between it and my armoire. My armoire slides back into the wall and reveals the stairs under neath leading down into the belly of my island mountain. As I descend the stairs into the tunnel hallway that leads off to a lift. The lift takes me down my office, kitchen and bed room, where I have great window views of the landscape far below the mist that surrounds my Relto Island in the sky.
Or how about this one; I untie my sky vehicle from the wooden dock that hovers there for me. I jump down into the seat and click onto the controls for a spin around my Relto before I fly on over to my nearby friends Relto. I open my ki up to program in the invite permission to come over to her place. As I approach my Relto’s boundary I enter briefly into the void that links me across to her Relto. On my arriving she waves to me as I dock.
Or I come from my closet with my maintainers suit and link to Gira. I jump down into the lava below and swim through the hidden opening just be low the. . . to the . .
Nexus Book: Nexus book placed in each Guild Pub.
Seating: Aside from the few seats surrounding the Guild Pubs, Kahlo Tavern style tables and chairs should be added to give more people places to sit and allow for a cozier more conversational setting to the location:
As you can see I have introduced a few concepts.
So big changes to the Login GUI, basically the entire thing has been made darker, sleeker and minimal, without overloading with new extra features. This will basically allow for old players to get to their characters quickly and for new players to get through the GUI with relative ease.