The D'ni in Real Time Server and Network Daemon (DIRTSAND) is a server software created by Zrax and developed by H'uru to run open-source MO:UL Shards. It is built for integration with the H'uru fork of the CyanWorlds.com Engine.
DIRTSAND as it stands today possesses the following features:
- Compatibility with CWE-ou (partial), H'uru CWE and PlasmaClient (partial) clients.
- Fully-functional auth server, file server (optional) and gatekeeper.
- Interactive operating terminal.
- Support for Linux and potentially other *nix systems.
- Facilitated setup process.
- Absence of game manager (feature, not bug): this means that various game functions such as Heek won't work unless used with the H'uru client or another appropriately modified client.
DIRTSAND has been designed to be easily-deployable on Linux systems. It might work on other *nix OSes, but it hasn't been tested. The getting started guide will help you set up your Shard using DIRTSAND.
DIRTSAND consists of an interactive terminal run on a terminal session. It is recommended that you use screen or some other such program to be able to run DIRTSAND in the background. It accepts the following commands for operation:
addacct <user> <password>: adds a new user account into the database.
clients: lists all connected clients.
commdebug <on|off>: available only for debug builds; used to debug.
keygen new: generates new keys for your
keygen show: shows the
welcome <message>: changes the welcome message for your server.
help: displays information about the available commands.
restart <auth|lobby|status> [...]: restart the specified server process.
quit: shuts down DIRTSAND.