What follows is a complete list of all the available tutorials on this wiki.
These tutorials cover the use of Cyan Worlds Plasma Plugin for 3D Studio Max. It is assumed you are familiar with 3DS Max before using these.
Note: If you are a complete newcomer to the plugin, read Max:Getting Started first.
- Max:Installing: step-by-step instructions on the installation of the Max Plugin.
- Max:Getting Started: an overview of Cyan's Plasma Plugin for 3DS Max.
- Max:Exporting: information on exporting your Ages from 3DS Max to Plasma.
- Max:Materials: all the documentation you will need on applying Materials to your Ages.
- Max:Basic Material Animation: how to animate materials for simple effects, such as ripples.
- Max:Clickables: adding objects to your Age which can be clicked on for interaction.
- Max:Linking: information on linking rules in Max.
- Max:Details: this tutorial provides help on keeping a good level of detail.
- Max:Importing: how to import objects created in Blender to Max.
- Max:Lightmaps: a tutorial on the use of lightmaps with Uru.
- Max:Stencils: this tutorial will help you add stencils to your Ages.
The following tutorials are useful you wish to customize H'uru's fork of CWE.
- CWE:Getting Started: contains information on building your client the first time.
Should you need tips and instructions on setting up an Uru shard with DIRTSAND, the following tutorials should be of some use for you.
- DIRTSAND:Getting Started: this guide will help you set up a fully functional DIRTSAND server.
The following tutorials explain the use of H'uru's Korman Blender plugin for creating Ages in Uru. It is assumed you are familiar with Blender before using these.
If you are a complete newcomer to Korman, read Korman:Getting Started first.
Note: Korman is still a work-in-progress, so details in these tutorials are subject to change. New tutorials will also be added as Korman develops.
- Korman:Installation: step-by-step instructions on the installation of Korman.
- Korman:Getting Started: learning the basics of Korman by building a simple Age.
- Korman:Updating From PyPRP: updating an existing PyPRP-made Age for use with Korman.
- Korman:Materials: adding, using, and modifying materials for export.
- Korman:Textures: using various types of textures and Blender texture settings for Korman.
- Korman:Transparent Texture Shadow: setting up materials to cast light through textures with transparency.
- Korman:Logic Nodes: Korman's much easier answer to AlcScript.
- Korman:Python Nodes: detailed instructions for using the Python node for scripts.
- Korman:Sounds: setting up sound emitters and using them in responders (incomplete).
- Korman:Animations: animating objects and textures in Korman.
- Korman:Clickables: setting up various clickable objects in Korman.
- Korman:Cameras: wiring camera regions and camera objects in Korman.
- Korman:Soft Volumes: understanding and setting up soft regions in Korman.
- Korman:Journals: creating readable journals for your Age in Korman.
- Korman:Exporting: information on exporting your Ages from Korman to Uru.
The following tutorials explain the use of H'uru's PyPRP Blender plugin for creating Ages in Uru. It is assumed you are familiar with Blender before using these.
Note: If you are a complete newcomer to PyPRP, read PyPRP:Getting Started first.
- PyPRP:Installing: step-by-step instructions on the installation of PyPRP.
- PyPRP:Getting Started: an overview of PyPRP, the Blender plugin developped by H'uru.
- PyPRP:Exporting: information on exporting your Ages from PyPRP to Plasma.
- PyPRP:Atmosphere: how to add an atmosphere to your Age.
- PyPRP:AlcScript: information on the AlcScript used to customize and code your Ages.
- PyPRP:Cameras: configuring and positioning cameras within your world.
- PyPRP:Clickables: how to create objects that can be interacted with through clicking in PyPRP.
- PyPRP:GUI Dialogs: this tutorial provides information on adding non-interactive GUI dialogs to your Ages.
- PyPRP:Soft Volumes:
- PyPRP:Sounds: information on adding sounds to your Age, in the form of footsteps, ambient effects and so on.
- PyPRP:Swimming: defining swim regions.
- PyPRP:Texture Animation: animating textures in Blender for use with Plasma.
Note: this section is still in the process of being reorganized; some old tutorials might not be listed here. For a list of the old tutorials, look here (these tutorials will eventually also be merged and reorganized).
What follows will help you script your Ages and Plasma according to your wishes.
A few other tutorials pertaining mostly to the Uru community and the various tools associated with it.
- Ahra Pahts:Getting Started: Ahra Pahts is a community Age consisting of individual additions. Here's how to get started with your contributions.
- Changing Shirts:
- Distributing Ages: how to distribute your finished Ages.
- Turning Ideas Into Ages: this tutorial will help you pass from a conceptual stage to the development stage.
- Uru:CC Installation: information on installing Uru:CC on today's modern operating systems.
- Using Drizzle: tutorial on how to use Drizzle.
- Offline KI: information on using the Offline KI.
Here are a few other tutorials currently not available on this wiki which might of interest for the creation of Ages.